The Bayerninfo System contains a so called Webcam Register, to which all cameras of the Bavarian Road Administration send their images. Thus Bayerninfo has access to cameras that have been installed for various use cases:
- Traffic Information cameras
- Cameras on service areas
- Cameras for winter maintenance
- Mobile cameras in construction sites
- Cameras installed in research projects
- Cameras in cities
A major extension programme for traffic information cameras has been started in 2018. Until the end of 2020, 70 new cameras have been installed on highways. This programme has closed gaps in the current network and also increased the number of cameras in sections with regular congestions.
The main areas will be:
- Highways A3, A7, A8, A9, A70, A93
- Conurbations Munich, Nuremberg, Würzburg, Regensburg and Aschaffenburg
- Hot spots like tunnels
In the long run, more cameras are planned also on federal and state roads. Additional urban cameras will be added in cooperation with cities. Also exisiting cameras in neighbouring regions of Bavaria shall be integrated (e.g. Hessia, Baden-Württemberg).